View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gyrok Carns
Guildmaster/General

re: Jedi Sentinel Watchman

I have fine tuned priorities, my opening rotation above does not change but for sustained fights that require more than 1 rotation here it is:
1) merciless slash
2) cauterize
3) overload saber
4) dispatch
5) masterstrike (really this should be used while everything is on cooldown for a bit)
6) slash

Focus builders in priority:
1) zealous strike
2) force leap
3) force stasis
4) strike

Gyrok Carns
Guildmaster/General

Thoughts after some raids...

In columi/rakata mix with some bh I am sitting at 35% critical and 75% surge. I am finding that watchman can put out a great deal of burst damage...primarily your burst comes when you have O-S and cauterize on target, hit your Zen to critical your burns and then hit merciless slash immediately. This can very quickly put in the neighborhood of 8k damage on target...if you get off masterstrike it's upwards of 12k+ depending on whether or not masterstrike crits, if it does more like 16k-18k. This was a very pleasant surprise...the heals are less than they used to be...but survivability is still very good.

Gyrok Carns
Guildmaster/General

Here is my PVE guide for the Jedi Sentinel Watchman:

Watchman is a sustained damage spec with self heals.

Stats:
Primary stats you want to stack are Strength, Endurance, Power, Crit, Surge.

Your goal should be:
Surge around 75%
Crit around 25-35%
Accuracy at 100%

I find stacking strength to be useful for acquiring Crit % as well, if you stack enough strength you'll need less crit rating.

Strength and Power both add to your damage and bonus damage, power adds slightly more, but strength adds crit % which more than makes up for the difference. You want to stack as much strength as you can.

Defensive Abilities:

The Sentinel gets several extremely useful defensive abilities:

Saber Ward: This is the first one you get, and it is probably the most useful, it gives 12 seconds of boosted resistance and defense and can be the difference between beating an Elite and not. I used this ability to great effect to kill many Elite Bosses 2-3 levels higher than me...(Most notably Darth Angral, who was a 33 Elite when I beat him at level 30).

Call on the Force: This is the second ability you get, it requires you have your companion, so it is less useful outside of solo, but it automatically refreshes the cooldown on saberward and gives you regeneration for 60 seconds, this can be useful against hard Elite Bosses (see Darth Angral).

Guided by the Force: This is my last ditch defensive power, it blocks 99% of damage for 4 seconds at the cost of half the health you have when you click it. If you use it, have a medpack handy.

Offensive Priorities:

Force Leap: I like this at 0 range so it functions as another interrupt as well.

Overload Saber: I use it in air after force Leap, can be used other times, but make sure you get 3 stacks to maximize benefit...the DoT is useful but less than Cauterize by a lot.

Zealous Strike: I use it immediately after O-S, it gives you 3 strikes in one shot to max O-S.

Cauterize: I use this ability next, it is your primary DoT, and if you use your Zen while this and O-S are on target, you do some nasty damage and heal. Without Zen you will still heal when the burns crit...(hence the high crit %)

Merciless Slash: This ability hits almost as hard as MasterStrike without the channeling. I use it as soon as it comes up, but when opening I use it after Cauterize because it has a chance to reset the cooldown on Cauterize and you can use it again!

MasterStrike: This is essentially "free" damage and hits HARD, but make sure not to cut it short, and get that last hit in because it counts for 2x as much as the first half of the attack if not more.

Slash: This is your basic Focus Burn when the others are on cooldown, and it has a lesser chance to reset the cooldown on Cauterize.

Strike: Obviously, if you are out of Focus use this when you have to.

Valorous Call: Instantly builds 30 stacks of centering so you can use Zen, I use it as soon as it's up unless I am about to hit Zen anyway, then I double up on Zen in those circumstances right after.

Force Stasis: A good focus builder, this attack is also an interrupt, and does DoT damage, but does not heal when it crits. A useful filler or interrupt power.

Here is a link the the current build I run on Darth Hater.

More will be added later, but this will get you in the right direction.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Republic Paragons Forum Index -> Guides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: